Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our "Weekend"

Because we work in hospitals, our "weekends" don't always coincide with the rest of yours so the past "weekend" that I will be referring to includes yesterday and today, our days off.

So yesterday I decided it should be what I like to call "my morning." Since getting married, I've learned that Graham could sleep in until the cows came home. Most of you know that I am very much a morning person and waking up at 7 AM is sleeping in to me. So this has created quite the dilemma for us. I've learned to let Graham sleep in on pretty much every one of his days off as he gets super beat working 12 hour shifts. I often spend about 3-4 hours alone on the mornings of our days off, dinking around, waiting for him to wake up. Usually, if we end up doing anything on these days, we don't end up getting out of the house until around noon which has been quite the adjustment for me. But there are occasions (yesterday for instance) where I will declare the next day "my morning" which means I get to wake him up whenever I want and drag him to do whatever I want to do. :o) So I decided an hour-long walk was a good morning activity for us (aiming to walk about 5 miles). Well, we went to Woodinville to walk along the Sammammish River Trail only to discover that's what EVERY OTHER PERSON IN ALL THE EAST SIDE had also decided to do. We ended up in the middle of some half marathon walk and 4 mile run which was quite entertaining. We just joined in and pretended to be a part! Graham didn't like the 5 mile idea so we returned home shortly after 2 miles...

My parents and brother Ben came down around lunch time and share they stories and photos from their most recent Haiti trip (they got back early Sunday morning). See all the orphans really made me want to go do some mission work. It was cute to see pictures of 15 year old Ben holding hands with the teenage boys (this is a cultural thing and I think they'd be quite offended if he didn't hold their hands). You can really tell from all the pictures that the kids just love my family. In fact, this is Ben's 3rd trip down and since the last time he was there, the kids painted the word "Ben" on the side of one of the buildings-just his name, no one else.

For the rest of the day, we attended an extended family gathering in Renton which included games of Bocci Ball, Ladder Golf and watching my cousin's cat attack, kill and eat an entire baby bunny. Ewww.

Today Graham had interviews 2 and 3 at Children's Hospital. I'll share more about where we're at on that front later.

No comments:

Post a Comment