Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Visits

So I just got back from shadowing the speech therapist in Everett and I am really thrilled! The home visits were so much fun and it was refreshing to think of working with slightly older kids (toddlers). I think I would really enjoy some of the counseling aspects of the job (actually I think coaching is a better word), encouraging the parents in the small successes with feeding difficulties. I would get to work with all sorts of kids with disorders I've never heard of before so I would always be challenged. The therapist I followed also works with some of our NICU babies so I have worked with her a little bit before. She said she was excited by the thought of me taking the dietitian position and thought I would be a good fit. I officially submitted my application as soon as I got home! We'll see what happens.....

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool, Kelsie! What a help to be able to shadow the position to understand it better. I'm excited for you. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete