Saturday, September 27, 2008

Floating Down the River...

Last weekend, my brother Ben came and stayed with us while my parents took a weekend away to celebrate 29 years of marriage (go Mom and Dad!) On Friday afternoon, Ben challenged me to a game of tennis while Graham was at work and then we made grilled pizza for dinner--yum!

On Saturday, we planned to take a trip to Leavenworth to go tubing down the river. Unfortunately, Friday was about 80 degrees and sunny and Saturday was more like 70 and cloudy. BUT, we pressed on and decided to tube despite the weather and boy was it worth it! Thankfully the snow melt river had all summer to heat up and so it really wasn't that bad. Our tubes were practically luxurious with a back rest and cup holders and frisbee paddles for some degree of control. I saw lots of salmon swimming under my toes (I like to eat fish but I HATE swimming with them). We will definitely tube this river again in the future--hopefully as a part of a family campout or maybe for my birthday next year. Here are a few photos....
The 3 of us w/ Ben holding a beer stick??
Getting suited to float
I find this photo hilarious...Graham eating lunch
Ben (and me) w/ his "paddles"
Oh and yes, I was there too
Such a pretty float!

2 comments:

  1. FUN! I went this summer with my Chic Rider group. The fish were HUGE! Fun times though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like something fun to do with the boys when they get older. I can swim with the fish but am not one for eating them :o)

    ReplyDelete