Monday, September 22, 2008

Sigh

You know it's been a busy week for me when I haven't made it online to blog. In fact, with a blog-less week, you can pretty much be guaranteed that I haven't taken any time out for myself. Hence the sigh. But things are looking calmer on the horizon. Not to say that I haven't had a fabulous week--I really have--but it has been so busy. So social.

But today my wonderful husband had the day off while I worked. I came home to clean bathrooms, changed light bulbs and finances/bills that are now set up on an automatic payment schedule. And as if that wasn't enough, Graham suggested we go on a walk together to Starbucks where he would buy me a coffee to help my tummy and relieve my headache. We have small group tonight so we read our assigned chapters outloud together (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and had some great conversations. We're reading "The Power of the Praying Wife" and "The Power of the Praying Husband." It seems so basic to pray for your spouse but we've found it to be challenging and so are really enjoying the books.

We talked a lot about future plans and goals. And about slowing down and not pushing so hard to achieve all our dreams at once. We discussed job possibilities for me and I'm feeling much more settled. The sermon at church on Sunday reminding me to have faith in God regarding my career and to trust Him to lead me. I think the more I try to find the "right" job, the more I realize that all I've ever wanted to do is to be a mom and a wife. I don't want any other career. But in the meantime, I am going to shadow a feeding therapist on Thursday who will be doing home visits like I would do if I got the job I've been talking about. We'll see how I like that and from there I'll decide whether or not to officially apply. On a positive note, the manager has already bumped up the hours of the position to include benefits which makes it much more appealing! Keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Totally understand about wanting to be a mom and wife and not a career woman. I'm almost the stay at home mom part...and you should join me! :)

    Good luck with your decisions. It's hard to choose the path when the path is short lived or not what you really see for your future.

    Before I was pregnant my boss asked me what my 5 year plan was and I told him "I won't be here! By that time I hope to be home with some kids." he didn't like my idea that much so we talked about my 5 year plans as if I would continue working after I had kids...

    ReplyDelete