Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An interview!

I got a call from Children's Hospital today and I have an interview in 2 weeks for a renal dietitian position! This means there are currently 2 jobs on my radar which means that I'm going to have options--wow! (Or more like "uggg" in my mind because decisions are so challenging for me...) I think I was surprised, quite frankly, to hear back so quickly. Maybe it's because Graham never heard back from Children's so I just assumed their system was slow. Anyway, the position would be Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week (WHAT!? That sounds like what a normal person would work!! I've never had that in my life so I must say it is quite appealing.) There would be the occasional Saturday shift and on-call Sunday, but only every couple months or so. I'm excited about the possibility of being challenged again in my work and about having steep learning curve and good training. Plus, I love kids and it'd be nice to maybe work with some who are old enough to talk.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I am job shadowing a speech therapist from the Children's Center (a clinic at my hospital in Everett, not to be confused w/ Children's Hospital). --The first job mentioned on this blog is the outpatient one in the Children's Center in Everett--. I'm hoping that being a part of some home visits will help me narrow done which job will be the right fit for me.

Good news!

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Good luck!

    Just one question...why Everett? Isn't that a long commute?

    (sorry, guess it was really two questions! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Everett is a long commute but I guess I'm used to it by now since I've been doing it for two years. I would LOVE to work closer to us but there just doesn't seem to be any opportunities here unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete