Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wow, I guess I sort of just had an interview

So lots of happenings in the Crozier household (as I'm sure you are now aware with all my posts!) I'm starting to wonder if anyone will ever believe us anymore when we say we're gonna do this or pursue that.....nothing has quite worked out so far as far as school and jobs go! But please don't give up on us yet, thinking we're "all talk." We may be 43% talk, but eventually I think there is going to be some action. Like today for instance.... I better start at the beginning....

About a week and a 1/2 ago, I discovered that the outpatient pediatric dietitian at my hospital (the only peds RD in all of Snohomish County!) has quite, leaving a vacancy in the clinic downstairs. I had referred a number of my babies her way after they discharged home so was always intrigued by her job. Anyway, after finding out that she quit, I decided to go way out on a limb and contact her manager to let her know that I was interested in finding out more about the position. I didn't hear back and so thought I'd burned my bridge.......until yesterday. The manager called me and wanted to set up a meeting, much to my excitement. So today we met to chat about specifics of the job description. Now I'm back to weighing pros and cons (but this time for ME) so here we go:

PROS:
-No weekends or holidays.....EVER
-Very flexible schedule
-Get to follow kiddos as they grow up and see their progress
-Get to be challenged again in what I do
-More diverse nutritional problems (not the same thing over and over)
-Pay would be at least the same (if not a smidge more)
-Get to do home visits and assessments in the clinic

CONS:
-Position (as it stands now) is only 2 days/week
-Position (as it stands now) does not have benefits
-Would still have to drive to Everett

Basically the manager wanted to know if I was seriously interested and I said yes. We discussed the fact that the position would be much more appealing if it could be at least 3ish days a week to include benefits. She said she was willing to push for this if that would sway me. Also, she is willing to go to my current manager to see about creating a split position between the NICU and outpatient so that I could work full time. SO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT! I'm really excited, we're praying a lot, and are trying to figure out if this is what God has for me right now.

PS--An update on Graham's job...his manager came to him asking what they needed to do to keep him on staff. He requested Sundays off so it looks like he might get it!!! Which would make me having weekends off even more appealing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment