Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some tidbits on pregnancy

I am currently 25 3/7 weeks pregnant! Most people look at me a little funny when I answer them this exactly when asked how far along I am. Except for people at work of course....this is the lingo we use in the NICU so I actually have to think really hard and count on my fingers to figure out how far along I am in months (I'm 6 months along for those of you who do not want to do the math).

Tidbits:

-I have been feeling GREAT! Really ever since week 15, nausea has not been a problem.

-I am able to go for 30-60 minute aerobic walks without a problem (although taking the stairs at work up two floors makes me catch my breath).

-This baby is really liking watermelon! Thankfully the island of Kauai recently added a Costco to their list of amenities and so we made a special trip while there just to buy the "personal"-sized melons, which yes, I finished PERSONALLY in 3 days (Graham doesn't like watermelon).

-I have started to have trouble sleeping at night. It is SO comfortable to be on my back but I know I'm not supposed to sleep that way so sometimes I wedge a small pillow under one side to tilt me just so that I'm not lying flat. I'm grateful for my nurse husband who is an expert at propping wedging me in with pillows (apparently he does it all the time at work!)

-I am definitely showing. And for some odd reason, I still am not expecting anyone to be able to tell that I'm pregnant....weird, I know because I totally have a belly. Someone asked me today in a store if I knew what I was having. "Having?" I thought...."What is she talking about???" Haha, at some point it will really settle in that the baby bump is quite prominent.

-WE HAVE A HIGH CHAIR! It's pretty much our first baby purchase. Although I know we won't be needing it for another 9 months or so, we went on a huge consignment store outing on Monday and were very unsuccessful until we came to the last store. We had to buy something and the high chair is a green Chicco and is in great shape. I went to Babies R Us yesterday and saw that it is a current model that is still being sold too so I guy we'll still be hip.

-I have been having lots of mixed emotions lately including excitement, anxiety, joy and feeling completely overwhelmed by all the tasks at hand.

-I realized last night that we won't be able to go to happy hour anymore after the baby is born as babies are not allowed in bars....duh.

-Baby Crozier also REALLY likes soft serve. I've been having cravings for Costco frozen yogurt almost daily (I've only indulged once so far) but I get to go again tomorrow so I'm super excited!

-We know what we will be naming our little one if it is a girl but only have the first name picked out if we have a son.

-I am incredibly relieved to have passed the 25 week mark. Even though I absolutely without a doubt DO NOT want this baby to come right now, I feel so much better than I did a couple weeks ago about the idea if it does decide to come early (I'm sorry, I just can't help thinking about it--I work with sick babies for a living so it is hard for me to remember that there actually are healthy full term babies born out there!) Anyway, I was super nervous in the 22-24 week range because I knew I'd be forced to make a decision regarding whether to resuscitate the baby if it were to try to make an entrance into the world and that is not a decision I would ever want to be faced with....phew.

-On a lighter note, the baby is moving a ton! Graham can now watch my tummy bounce as the baby kicks which is exciting for him.

-We've experienced a number of bouts of hiccups in the past couple weeks. It feels like I am having seizures in my stomach--it is so odd! But cute at them same time to think about what is going on in there....

-We are trying to decide which diaper route we are going to take--cloth vs disposable....

-We found a crib that we like although we have yet to purchase it.

-I'm LOVING red pepper flakes on everything. I want all my food to be SPICY!
-I'm currently reading "Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense" by Ellyn Satter (all about how to go about feeding your child to foster a healthy relationship with food).
All in all, things are going quite well!

3 comments:

  1. I have used cloth with our third and will use with our fourth. I love them. Easy to use. There are so many options out there now. Good luck with the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kelsie!! It's fun to hear the details of every day pregnant life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. KELSIE!! You are so cute! I loved reading your blog and seeing how pregnant life is treating you. I really want to know the names you have picked out....pretty please! :) It looks like the shower went great...I can't believe how much you are showing..you look gorgeous! Talk soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete