Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've Been Spoiled!

Graham went all out and treated me to an incredibly relaxing early birthday yesterday (since he's deep into finishing a paper today). I felt like royalty and was given the best gift ever: much needed R&R.
We enjoyed breakfast out at The Original Pancake House in Kirkland where I ordered my favorite, Coconut Pancakes!
 Then he took Isla and sent me out the door for a manicure and pedicure. I don't think I've had either of those since our wedding, 3 1/2 years ago.
Isla and I spent a relaxing afternoon together (while G did some homework) and then we met up with Grandma C at SPU for a baby hand off. Graham went to class and handed me directions to Capitol Hill for an HOUR AND A HALF massage, as if my hand and foot treatment earlier in the day had not been enough. Such pampering! (And yes, my post massage paperwork pictured below does say "more...glute work." I knew I had a tendency to carry my stress in my neck, but who knew I also carried it in my butt? LOL. What does "more glute work" even mean?)
 Following the massage, a more greasy and half-asleep version of myself returned to SPU to retrieve Graham for a date night at the (not pictured) Madison Park Cafe. We had a to-die-for cream of mushroom soup (I'm gonna have to figure out how to make me one of them) and an arugula salad with figs, crispy prosciutto and manchego cheese to start. I love eating out with Graham on special occasions because he always wants to splurge. We BOTH got entrees (I had the lamb burger and fries with homemade ketchup and Graham had crab cakes) and we split a half bottle of Cotes du Rhone wine. Our meal was incredibly leisurely and we had lots of time to chat about futures plans and dreams. I came away feeling like I'd caught up with my best friend.  :) Thank you G + G C for being our ever-willing babysitters! Our marriage thanks you.

Oh and we made one last stop after picking up Isla. Since it was late and Coldstone was long closed, I made do with a peppermint hot fudge sundae from Dicks.

1 comment: