Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One. More. Week. And a day.

Summer is almost here in the Crozier household. Hopefully the summer weather will come right along with it as Seattle is holding out on us this year! As of next Wednesday night, Graham will have completed his first of three years of grad school and it will officially be summer break! This is absolutely 100% thrilling for me for a number of reasons. The first being that we can begin eating family meals together at least twice a week (compared to our previous rate of only once every other week due to G's 12 hr shifts and twice weekly dinnertime classes). I am so passionate about family meals that I was about ready to do something drastic. What, I am not quite sure. But thankfully, we don't ever have to know and I can go back to making ONE meal, ONCE nightly and cleaning up ONE meal ONCE nightly.

I am proud to report.....we survived! In one piece! It's funny, the year started off at a very manageable pace and I don't think our lives were altered too much until this summer. Why the school set up classes to be the heaviest credit load in the most condensed number of days (8 weeks instead of 12) in the SUMMER of all months is beyond me. Don't they know that Seattleites die from deep, deep depression when not allowed to enjoy the precious few sunny days!?? If the program is accepting feedback from spouses, I have some that I would happily provide. :) Anyway, I am so excited to have my sweet hubby back after a challenging and rather lonely 8 week hiatus. MANY THANKS to our wonderful family members and friends who helped watch Isla while we were at work or while Graham was studying. And for all who offered encouragement and social outlets to a rather a calendar rather lean in the "fun" category.

So next Wednesday, we shall bid evening classes goodbye, for at least a few weeks. LET THE PLAY BEGIN! I have a long list of wishes for this 5-6 week break and, since I love lists, feel I should make one for reference. I would like to:

-take Isla to the zoo
-visit the Aquarium
-make a trip to the San Juans (maybe even borrow a bike trailor and do some biking?)
-open a bank account for Isla (ok, maybe not "fun," but definitely a "must")
-go out to breakfast midweek at least once
-work to reestablish a weekly date night
-maybe take a day trip to WA Wine Country
-plan something extraordinarily fun for our one free weekend during this time frame (Labor Day)--camping maybe?
-take our third annual float down the river in Leavenworth
-swim at Waverly numerous times
-go out to coffee with Graham, NOT to study
-go on an evening walk, also with Graham
-have friends over for dinner
-go over to friends' houses for dinner
-spend a few days in Bellingham with my family
-go sailing with the Croziers
-be lazy
-have a night "off duty" where I don't have to respond if Isla wakes
-read a book
-cook a couple of meals together with Graham

Ok. That's probably enough. I'm sure I could think of many more, but this is a good start. :) I am going to begin my "summer" next week by taking a road trip deep into south east Idaho (Soda Springs) with my family to visit my brother, Josh. Initially, we didn't think Graham would be able to go because we thought school went until the 25th. Imagine my delight when I discovered he gets out a week earlier than we thought! However, he's been unable to get the time off work as of yet but I'm praying someone magically becomes available. If you are Graham's coworker reading this, pretty please, can you take his shift on Aug 20th?? Anyone? Just thought I'd try this approach since nothing else has worked...

Happy Summer Everyone! Oh and I am currently accepted applications for the "have friends over for dinner" list option. Let me know if we have any takers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment