Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mountain Top

Definitely not to be confused with muffin top.

Graham asked me the other day how I was doing and the only analogy that came to mind was that I felt like I was on the tip top of a very round mountain. You see, it is sort of like the "on the fence" analogy, but on steroids. In this case, their are more than two directions in which I could "fall." Endless directions actually, if you recall high school science.

Our world is swirling with potential life-altering decisions that seem to have surfaced over the course of the last month. I can't go into detail about all of them, but there is a good chance our life might change significantly in the months ahead. And for once in my life, I am actually really excited about CHANGE.
We participated in a wonderful worship service at Bethany on Sunday where we were really challenged to follow our calling and MOVE as God nudges. Moving could be taken literally as in physical location (in our case, this literal definition is possible, but not to worry Grandparents, we will still aim for a zip code in the greater Seattle area). But moving could also mean changing/adjusting how we spend our time, our pursuits and hobbies, the way and location in which we currently serve.

I am excited to see which direction we will "fall" off this mountain, to see what the Lord has in store for us. I am a creature of comfort and it is not often that I feel this open and malleable to change. I think I am slowly being prepared for what is ahead, whatever it may be. I'm a bit nervous, sometimes giddy, sometimes completely petrified and overwhelmed, but overall I'm excited and feel ready. It's funny how everything seems to come in "seasons." Not to be overly cheesy or anything but as our "summer" (according to Graham's school calendar, NOT the weather) comes to a close next week, a new season is about to begin.

Please keep us in your prayers as we make some pretty big decisions in the coming months. We could really use wisdom. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I miss talking to you. I'm glad you post on your blog so I can keep tabs on you a bit! I hope things are going okay for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsie, I know how you feel! We have so many decisions to make in the next few months too. I am trying to make plans to move to California. When you might ask, I'd like to know that too. Probably next January, but with the navy you really can never be 100% sure of anything. I hope life takes you right where you need to be. It always does though, right? I'm so glad that God already has it planned out for us.

    ReplyDelete