Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dear Emma

 
Dear Emma,

Today is your 1st birthday and I don't know where this year has gone! It was one year ago today that you made your rapid entrance into the world and our lives are all the better now that you are in our family. I can think of no better way to put it than to say you are a TRUE JOY.

I find myself at a loss for words trying to describe how much I adore your personality. You intrigue me to no end! Where your sister and I share a lot of similarities in the way we view the world, you my dear, are a beautiful mystery to me. You are sweeter than anything, cheerful, easy-going and every time I look at you I can't imagine how I could possibly love you any more. You are a ham and know how to work the crowd, charming strangers instantly with that smile of yours. You have a way of capturing the attention and hearts of everyone in the room but you do it so subtly! People don't know what hit them but all of a sudden they realize they adore you and that you have them wrapped completely around your little finger. Twice.
You are just beginning to talk and sometimes I drop things on purpose just to hear you say my favorite: "uh oh." Today we took you to the zoo for the very first time and I loved watching you take in the bear exhibit. Your eyes were as bright as I've ever seen them and you kept pointing and grinning and couldn't look away from those big brown beasts. Made my day!

There have been many times in the past year where I think about the first couple weeks of your life and I am overcome with emotion. Oh how you scared us with your illness! I am beyond grateful for your life and healing and the renewed perspective not to take a single moment foregranted. My prayer for you is that you would grow up to love the Lord will all your heart and that you would follow Him always. That your precious spirit would continue to draw people and that God would use you in big ways. You are beautiful both inside and out.

Happy Birthday Emma Dear!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment