Sunday, March 17, 2013

6 Years

Today we celebrate 6 years together as man and wife! Oh how I adore going back and looking at pictures and reliving this very special St. Patrick's Day. 
I might be just a little bit biased but I thought the day was absolutely perfect. We invested a lot of time into creating a meaningful ceremony and the musicians were phenomenal!
We had such a blast with our friends and family and bridal party of FOURTEEN!  
 Each and every one of these people who stood up beside us as we made our vows played a very critical role in the development of our relationship. 
   I can't help but think how YOUNG we look in these pictures. We were young and naive but SO HAPPY.
And do you want to know something? We still are. Maybe not as young and certainly not as naive but we most definitely continue to be SO HAPPY.
I've spent a lot of time pondering our marriage over the past few months. Our church just finished a series on relationships and each Sunday I left bursting with gratitude for the man that I get to call my husband. Our relationship hasn't exactly been a walk in the park. Could two people possibly be more opposite? Add 3 years and 7 months of graduate school and 2 1/2 children and it sounds like a recipe for disaster. 
We've certainly faced our fair share of challenges but (praise God!) they have only served to bring us closer together. Oh and we've had a lot of fun too. Honeymooning in Fiji, a 1st anniversary trip to Italy, a family trip to Mexico, a babymoon adventure in Kauai, the life-changing arrival of sweet Isla, a 3 week trip to France with Bebe in tow, lots of miscellaneous other trips both near and far, delicious cooking creations, and then Emma made us a family of four, another family trip to Mexico and then a week, just us, in Napa.
 Our days are full and our margins are minimal right now but as this post goes live on the blogosphere, I am savoring a weekend away with my man to celebrate this wonderful marriage of ours. We know a lot of you out there have been praying for us and we feel it. Our marriage is where it is today as proof. We work hard on our relationship but let's make sure we give credit where credit is due - without Christ as the center, this amazing marriage just would not be.
A very happy anniversary to my husband and my very best friend! You light of my life every day and I am so thankful I get to wake up every morning next to you. If we've packed this much adventure into our first 6 years together, I can't wait to see where the next 6 will take us! I love you. 

1 comment:

  1. It brings tears to my eyes. It is so wonderful that you have been and are so happy! Now, 65 years after our marriage, I feel the same way about the man God had for me!
    Aunt Juna

    ReplyDelete