Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Baby Crozier #3: 28 Weeks

This baby is due in 12 weeks!!

Holy moley.

Thankfully I think my nesting urges may have begun to kick in yesterday (yes, just yesterday) so I'm hoping that means we'll find some motivation to do something to prepare. We've done quite literally NOTHING.

The pregnancy is progressing well overall. I "failed" (or rather literally "straddled the fence" per my doctor) my one hour glucose tolerance test with a level of 130. I got to go spend another 3 hours in the lab to complete a 3 hour test. It was sort of nice (minus my arms looking like a pin cushion at the end) as it was the first time in WEEKS I'd sat down alone for that long - you take what you can get when you're a mom I guess!!

I totally thought I'd fail the screen and so spent a week following the GDM diet and even tested my blood sugars for a couple days (all were fine). But then my fasting came back at 49 (HYPOglycemic!!), my 1 hr was 165 I think (normal less than 180), my 2 hr was 138 (normal less than 155) and my 3 hr was 73 (normal less than 140). I passed with flying colors - hallelujah - and may just have been caught at Ben and Jerry's in celebration a mere 3 hours later. I'm still planning to follow a modified version of the diet, just to be safe - with indulgences of course!
I'm still running! But barely. Most days I go out and mid-run think "this will be my last run" but then I do it again and feel on top of world. My legs feel like they are asleep the entire time (hence my wavering desire to quit) but my doctor thinks its only a circulatory issue. I'm averaging 2-4 mile distances and plan to keep going as long as I can!! That runner's high is an addicting substance!

We are making progress with name options. I feel a little better about our list this time around and we may actually go to the hospital with names picked out!! A girl can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment