Saturday, July 20, 2013

Disneyland/Kauai Adventure - Part 3

 I love my husband. He is a bucketful of good ideas. Our flight from LAX to Kauai didn't leave until afternoon so he thought to look up beaches nearby LAX and landed us the absolutely PERFECT (and gorgeous!!) picnic spot at Manhattan Beach. Who knew that such a gorgeous beach could be a just a skip, hop and a jump from the airport?
 As we drove toward the beach, we passed a hotel which I quickly recognized as one we stayed on our honeymoon layover at LAX. Funny! We were only there for a short night (and mostly after dark) so I had NO idea we were so close to a beach. It brought back memories of our first marital drama when Graham left his wallet in the back of the limo that took us to the airport....I remember quite well that I took him to dinner that night at the California Pizza Kitchen across from our hotel and that I paid (and subsequently paid for the entire rest of our honeymoon since he had no money...good thing I had a credit card back then!!)
 Anyway, we passed a Whole Foods on the way to the beach and picked up some salads, olives, bread and fizzy drinks. Graham brought the girls out for a brief dip before they were both crying in fear of the waves. 
This next series of pictures summarizes our flight from the perspective of a 3 year old. She took photos of the important things!
The flight was definitely not our greatest, namely because of the youngest who was missing her nap. I spent a good 3 hours trying to get her to sleep before we finally allowed her to throw a little tantrum and flail herself onto the floor. Voila! After 2 minutes of screaming, she was suddenly quiet. And there you have it: how to put your child down for a nap on the plane in 1 "easy" step!


No comments:

Post a Comment