Thursday, July 18, 2013

Disneyland/Kauai Adventure - Part 1

Attention one, attention all!! This will officially be my first solely iPhone picture post! I am LOVING my new graduation present (thanks Croziers!) and realize though the quality of the pictures may not be a great as what my camera can produce, I capture more in-the-moment pictures this way.
Ready to hear about our post-grad travels? Here we go! Originally I thought Graham was literally CRAZY to suggest a "quick" stop at Disneyland enroute to Hawaii. I'll be the first to confess I was wrong. It really was fun and worked out great, especially given our tickets from LA to Kauai cost us a mere $5 per person vs the $700 per person out of Seattle (thanks to miles!) The girls did awesome on the first leg of our journey. I think we have our iPod touch and our new iPhones to thank for that, not our expert parenting.
One perk about pit-stopping in LA was that we got to swing by Pasadena and pay Uncle Scott a visit. He was in the middle of a crazy week at work but was able to show us his totally hipster local of employment and then even treated us to lunch (unexpected spoilage!!) The girls love their Uncle Scott and were quite pleased to see him.
He took us to this great lunch spot/bakery called Euro Pane. It was there that I decided what I want my future kitchen to look like: white cabinets with black chalkboard, natural wood and green plant accents. Too bad they don't have a website for me to peak at and copy their design. Guess I just have to go back to remember what my kitchen needs to look like.
After returning Scotty to work, we popped into the Norton Simon Museum to get our fill of European artwork (are you sensing a Euro theme?) Graham still had his student ID card which made the visit extra cheap (technically his paperwork was not totally processed so he was still a "student"). They had some famous pieces there including this Van Gogh:
Then we made our way to our hotel in Anaheim (~3/4 mile from the entrance to Disneyland) for a swim in the pool. Isla had a blast and was shrieking with delight every 2 seconds as she splashed around. It was there that she officially did her first full bob! After a refreshing swim, we headed for the Rainforest Cafe for dinner, not totally realizing it was smack dab in downtown Disney. It's safe to say I am NOT a fan of "downtown" but we opted for patio seating and were in and out of there in no time and able to escape from the crowds. Isla discovered the ketchup AFTER the meal and proceeded to lick it off her plate.
Emma is crazy when she's awake and she's a crazy rocker chick when she's asleep. Love her!
Graham and I secretly ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's in bed while Isla "slept" (read: chattered about teacups and elephant rides and dreaming of rainbows) in the hotel queen right next to us. She and ducky finally did crash... 

No comments:

Post a Comment