Friday, September 6, 2013

Baby #3 - 35 Weeks

(Self portrait 35 weeks - 9/3/13)

My oh my. Yesterday I had my 35 week doctor appointment. My doctor had a delivery in the morning and a c-section at lunch so was running way behind. I brought a book (and some chocolates!) and so enjoyed some leisurely alone time in the waiting room after work. I think it was the first time I've been left alone that long to think about what's about to happen. Yikes. I'm not going to lie - I'm super excited but also really scared. Third time's the charm though, right?

I measured 33.5 cm, "not big but medium," per my doctor. I measured 33 cm at my 33 week appointment two weeks ago and he said the same thing but I'm choosing to believe this smaller increase means this baby isn't as big as Emma (PLEASE?)

My doctor did the group B strep test yesterday, mostly "just for fun." Given our history with Emma becoming septic in her first week of life, he's opting to write that I am GBS+ in my chart so that they give me antibiotics regardless. He instructed me to go in to the hospital ASAP as we didn't have enough time with Emma to get enough antibiotics in before I delivered. Ha! Hopefully the hospital will have a bed for me this time around...
I am so totally nesting. Among other things, I have finished my diaper bag and changing pad, organized the shoe closet, moved Isla into the guest room, transitioned both girls' wardrobes up to the next size, gave away two trunk-fulls of stuff, cleaned all the window tracks, and have outfitted all 3 of us girls with rain boots (and a rain coat for me!) in anticipation of the season ahead.

As the write this, I'm enjoying a quiet house over a cup of coffee. Lately I've also been enjoying (maybe the wrong word choice?) a quiet house at 1 AM, 3 AM, 5 AM etc... My doctor says I'm converting to "baby time zone" in preparation for the frequent wakings ahead. As annoying as it is (and I've restarted taking half a sleeping pill to try and combat these wakings), it is pretty cool to see how God designed the body, even down to this minor detail! 
(32 weeks!)

I am STILL RUNNING! I guess I can almost officially be labeled as one of those "crazy people" that run up until they deliver their baby. I honestly thought I'd be peeing my pants and quitting long before now but I think my running has been the main reason this latter half of pregnancy has been more or less a breeze. My distances vary and I am slowing WAY down (10-11 min/miles now) but I ran 34 minutes in honor of 34 weeks last week and 3.5 miles on Tuesday to kick off my 35th week. Running significantly helps my mood, my weight gain (which is actually within the recommended range this pregnancy vs my others) and I think just how I feel overall. I'm wondering it it has been good for my joints too because my hip sockets haven't gone all loosey goosey on me yet. My one complaint in recent weeks is the occasional severe side ache that makes me have to stop and walk.

I continue to "watch" my carbs though often this more realistically means I watch as the spoonfuls of ice cream disappear into my belly. I have definitely cut back, just to be on the safe side, but still enjoy my indulgences. :) I check my blood sugar after dinner earlier this week just to see (it gets harder to control blood sugars as pregnancies progress) and it was 99 so I'm still normal!!!

We are working on names. This time around I am struggling much more with boy names. You'd think since we've never had opportunity to use any that we'd have a ton but I'm in limbo. Graham knows what he'll call this baby if it's a boy but I have yet to totally concur. I guess it'll be a race to the hospital white board after I deliver to see what we'll call this child...If it's a girl, we have some options but I don't think I'll be ready to decide for sure until I see her. 
(30 week bump!)

1 comment:

  1. You are glowing and absolutely beautiful, as usual. Congratulations on making it this far!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete