Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Isla begins Pre-K!

 How on earth did this happen? I feel like this day totally snuck up on me and caught me off guard. I cannot believe Isla is officially in school now, even if it is only preschool. The decision to start her this year did not come easily as for a while there we were planning to avoid preschool/pre-K altogether. In the end we decided to go for it in hopes we will find it helpful with a new baby arriving here next month. There is no question that Isla will love it. It's more her parents that are unsure. I still have a knot in my stomach but am hopeful and prayerful that we made the right choice. I'm still awaiting the financing to appear...

We enrolled her at Cedar Park Christian School just 2 miles up the road from us. She will go three days a week (M/W/F) for 3 hours each day. I've already mapped out my running/walking route to the school so I'm hoping we can kill two birds with one stone and get a workout in during either the pick up or drop off process. As all the other parents roll up in their Lexus' and Mercedes, I will pant through the pick up line pushing my double Bob with a bike laid across the handle bars. It's cool though.

I must confess my eyes got a little misty as I told Isla goodbye and she cheerfully waved me off with absolutely no concern whatsoever. She's such a big girl and I know she is going to thrive in the classroom. I'm watching my niece and nephew today so in the chaos of carting 4 kids, pregnant, through a parking lot in or attached to a double Bob, I didn't get the chance to be emotional for long. I'm sure it will hit me soon though. 
Isla had a ball and came home proudly displaying her "I is for Isla" artwork. She told me all about the morning and what snacks they had and her teacher reported that she did great and was a good helper. Meanwhile, back home, Emma and Gideon and I whipped up some homemade "Peanut Butter Cookies" (Larabars) to surprise Isla with after school. I just couldn't resist this stereotypical tradition. The kids ate the dough faster than I could form the cookies but I ended up with 9 cookies when we were all said and done (even after doubling the recipe).

 Isla was quite please by our little surprise and Emma just kept saying "more cookie" as she put them away. I really and truly am looking forward to at least 4 weeks (hopefully!) of one on one time with Emma. I can count on one, maybe two fingers the number of times the two of us have spent alone together. It will be good to have the opportunity to spend time with this unique little person who I adore to the core before we get a bit distracted again with baby.
Here's to the start of a new phase in the Crozier household!!

No comments:

Post a Comment