Monday, September 16, 2013

Ridiculously Blessed

We just came through a pretty crazy week, attempting to balance work, meetings and even some fun. We coordinated a crazy number of babysitters (6 in 5 days!) and our kids more or less have been jumping from house to house since Friday to make it all work but we managed.  And now it's Monday, our one-day "weekend" and I'm so filled with gratitude on this cloudy, slow day.  At my MOPS meeting last night, I chose the word "savor" as my one-word prayer request for where I am right now.  I want to slow down and enjoy this season, the sweet moments with my kids, the opportunities to lay on the couch and rest, laughing with my husband, nights out on the town with friends.  I was tempted yesterday to gripe and whine that both our jobs require us working on the weekend but then I paused and was thankful for all the positives come from it - such as having a slow Monday morning at a coffee shop together when everyone else has to get up for work.  I was reminded in my devotional (Jesus Calling) today that "When you try to live independently of Me, you experience emptiness and dissatisfaction. You may gain the whole world yet lose everything that really counts."  Such wonderful food for thought for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment