Friday, December 20, 2013

Fluffy White Stuff

 Today is that one day of the year in the northwest when I think to myself Man, I really should have invested in some gloves this year. I'm sure Emma is thinking the very same thing as she freezes her little paws off in paper thin mittens. But, we all managed to make it out this morning before the pretty dusting all melted away. I was so proud of myself for joining the fam and not just doing the ever-so-tempting watch from the window due to my lack of snow attire...
 When Isla woke us this morning (yes, that's how every morning begins these days...), I asked her if it had snowed. "Let me go check!" she said.
 Ever so matter of fact, she returned to our room to report "Yep, it snowed." I thought she was kidding!
 Even Jack got in on the fun!
 Isla learned the art of building a snow ball.
 And Emma got to be the recipient of one of Dad's throws. Oops.
 Graham and Isla made quick work and had a snowman up in no time!
 I asked Emma if she wanted to help with the snowman and she said "No. I'm sad." That snow ball had a life altering impact I think.
 I tried to teach Isla how to catch snow in her mouth. She didn't quite grasp the whole looking up thing...
 Ta-duh! The final product! Now what to do with the rest of our day lest we risk our lives venturing out amongst Seattle's most treacherous drivers?

No comments:

Post a Comment