Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jack: 2 Months - ish

Jack at 1 month
You long time readers will remember that with my firstborn, I did weekly posts about her development for her entire first year. WEEKLY posts! And then with my second born, I settled on monthly posts (all these with the intent of someday making them into a baby book). Now here we are with my sweet little Jack and, as of late, he's lucky to get an honorable mention here, let alone an entire post totally in his honor. And if that isn't enough, I must confess he doesn't even have a Christmas stocking this year (gasp I know). Oops, I wasn't actually planning to tell any of you that. My plan was to avoid posting any pictures of our hearth so no one could hold it against me later but here I am, blabbing to everyone and their mother. My mantra, thanks to my wise friend Amy has become grace upon grace upon grace upon grace. I can only do so much and I'm trying really hard to accept that (with grace, ha!)
But let me tell you a few things about my son while I have a moment:
-he started cooing at 3 1/2 weeks and it's the best (11/7)
-he loves the Ergo and it's a guaranteed way to get him to sleep, at least during the day
-started tracking objects at 4 weeks (11/9)
-makes this "eh eh eh" grunting sound whenever he first touches the bath water but then loves it once submerged
-he'll kill me one day for posting this video but I couldn't help myself - it's classic!
-weighed 11 pounds, 9 ounces at his 1 month appointment (95%ile!)
-started wearing size 3 mo clothes at 1 mo of age
-thinks night time is the right time
-stays awake from ~6PM to 11PM, sometimes midnight or later every night 
-spits up a lot
-hiccups after almost every feeding
-taking bottles like a pro
-looks mighty fine in plaid
-preferring to turn his head to the right (and getting a flat spot on the back of his head)
-have been doing positioning, exercises and extra holding to work on this
-this is how we roll most of the time:
-started grinning at 5 weeks, maybe even a smidge earlier
-noticed toys for the first time at 6 weeks (11/25)
-getting better at tummy time 
-slept for his first 6 hour stretch just shy of 7 weeks (AMAZING!)
-but mostly prefers the every three hour eating routine
-is a pretty chill, laid back baby, particularly if held
-I may be biased but I think he's the cutest!
-likes to be swaddled
-getting used to cold temps at an early age
Even though things are bumpy right now, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment