Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Did It!

Today I made arrangements to meet with my manager and I let her know that I am interviewing elsewhere, and at this point, if the job is offered to me, I plan to accept. I can't believe I actually did it and that this happening! She was very nice about it and seemed understanding. I made sure to emphasize all the positive aspects of the other jobs that I'm pursuing rather than stating the things I don't like about my current job. I had kind of dropped hints at my last annual review that I was hoping for more of a Monday to Friday schedule so at least that was on her radar and she wasn't blindsided by my pursuing a "normal" schedule.

After the meeting, I felt at peace and free. And then I flipped out and wondered if I did the right thing. But I'll admit that today I had an extra skip in my step, wondering if maybe, just maybe I'm on the way to a job where I'll LOVE what I do! (Is that allowed??!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment