Monday, October 27, 2008

"Girls dream a lot."

The title of my post is a direct quote spoken by Graham today. We had a great day together, running errands, shopping, enjoying pho soup and then having a delicious dinner at home (Graham made the best burgers ever!)

First we went to Shane Co to have our rings cleaned and polished (and mine re-dipped and re-sized). Of course I had to check out all the other rings on display, dreaming of the right hand ring I'll someday have... I did make it very clear to Graham that I am not expecting a ring ANYTIME in the near future, but explained to him that a girl always dreams about her wedding ring, and after she gets that, she has to move on to dream about her next piece of bling.

Then we went clothes shopping and I kept making comments like "Wouldn't it be cool to have red shoes someday?" or "Maybe we should just buy a pretty pump of green scented hand soap for our kitchen--wouldn't that be nice?" And on and on.... I really wasn't begging for these things or even asking for them really, I was just dreaming. Anyway, I did find a gorgeous winter coat that I'm excited about.

Over lunch, I started talking about how I want to take a three week trip to Europe sometime soon--"When will we fit that in?" Graham just laughed and playfully rolled his eyes.

On to Crate and Barrel where I used my gift card to buy the CUTEST Christmas mugs. Check out http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=17&f=30443 and http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=17&f=30370. Graham could not get over how excited I was to drink out of these come the day after Thanksgiving. Of course then I was on to jabbering about how my dream is to have a set of Christmas dishes to use during the month of December....

All this to say, we had a great day together and I in particular really enjoyed dreaming--it does my heart good. Now I'm doing my heart a 2nd favor as I sip a glass of red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment