Thursday, November 6, 2008

I haven't cooked since Halloween

This is actually rather absurd come to think of it! I think the last time I didn't cook for a week must have been when we were in Italy on vacation....I feel like I am ALWAYS cooking but we've had a very busy week w/ dinner at small group, being out of town over the weekend and then out on a cheap date last night. Feels weird to have to cook tonight...
Anyway, we took a look at our finances about a month ago and were SHOCKED to realize we'd been averaging $200/month on dining out for 3 months straight! WHAT!!??? Where did that figure come from?? We really don't go out that much but somehow it was all adding up. So our challenge as of late has been to aim for $15-20 dates which we've been quite successful at using our entertainment book (thanks to my father-in-law--he bought 3 books--one for him, one my brother-in-law John and one for Graham, informing the boys that they needed to "keep dating their wives.") :o) A coupon can go a long ways!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for such a great Father-in-law, hey? We love that coupon book - we just need to plan better so that we actually get through all the coupons we want to this year!

    Did you like Dear Frankie? Any news on the job?

    ReplyDelete