Monday, November 24, 2008

This always makes me happy

One of my all-time favorite things to do since moving to the eastside is walk in downtown Kirkland. Without fail, it always makes me cheerful to go down to the waterfront parks and walk and people watch. Because it was so sunny yesterday, I insisted we head down to Kirkland for a stroll. I also had the bright idea of bringing along some old bread in hopes of finding ducks to feed. Thankfully, our Kirkland duck family was still here and had not yet headed south (we had the pleasure of watching a couple of duck families grow up over the course of the summer). We made it just in time for sunset. Here are a few fun shots.

Walking through the gorgeous homes in the "West of Market" neighborhood


What a beautiful view!


Doesn't he look super cute? He had quite a gathering of duck fans.



I took my turn feeding and got 2 ducks to eat from my hand!

The two of them kept "pecking" each other (especially the greedy male who wasn't into sharing)

No comments:

Post a Comment