Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I have been spending time today pondering what I am most thankful for this year. We have had a whirlwind of a week and so was disappointed that Graham and I haven't had an opportunity yet to discuss our many blessings yet together (I'm sure we will tonight in our car ride to Bellingham).

One thing that is really on my heart is the blessing of caring friends and mentors who have really helped walk us through these first 20 months of marriage. We have had one couple from church in particular who have taken us under their wings, encouraging and supporting us, letting us cry and be honest with them through the challenges of being newlyweds, inviting us into their home to be loved and cared for--they are amazing! I just got back from coffee with the wife and my heart is so touched that she took time away from her two kids and husband on a busy holiday eve to hear was is going on with me and let me just be me. I am so very thankful that I have people in my life like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment