Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My Bucket List


Graham and I had a conversation last week. He was thinking it was every girls' dream date to dress up and be taken to theopera or ballet (ex. the Nutcracker). Whelp. I guess not. For some reason, that SO does not appeal to me. Poor guy! Guess he's always been wanting to whisk me away to see the ballet throughout the almost 6 years we've been together (wow...6 years!?). It could happen, but there are a lot of things I'd prefer to do more. That got me thinking. I have a long mental list of things I want to do someday before I die, a bucket list if you will. It's probably high time I put them out there on paper. Or the internet. In case anyone ever wants to know what speaks romance to me, what makes my heart go pitter pat, wants to surprise me with one of them. Now, most of them are quite extravagant. And pretty much all of them involve food and/or travel (hmmm, are we sensing a theme?) But if they were all cheap and easy to make happen, I probably would have done them already. If you would have asked me 10 years ago to create a bucket list, it probably would have been twice as long, I've just checked off all the cheap ones already. :o) Mind you, I'd still like to argue that I can be a cheap date (Graham may beg to differ on that one...) but really, I'm happy with a cup of coffee, a rich chocolate dessert and good conversation. Anyway, here is my bucket list as it stands now although the fine print would state that I reserve the right to add to this list at will. Someday, before I die, I would like:
  • To travel to Mexico and stay in one of the suites here.
  • To enjoy a multi-course meal at Cafe Juanita in Kirkland.
  • To go bobsledding (maybe post-Olympics up in Vancouver??)
  • To stay in one of the three-walled rooms at Ladera on the island of St Lucia.
  • To go back to Rovers on east Madison and do one of their full tasting menus (with wine!)
  • To spend a long weekend wine tasting in Napa Valley.
  • To return to Peru and bring Graham to Inkaterra, where I previously stayed in cabanas on stilts, deep in the Amazon jungle. 
  • To savor a tasting menu at The Herb Farm in Woodinville.
  • To travel through Europe, particularly focusing on the Italian and French countryside and the Italian coast.
The End (for now!)

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME. Well, if you ever make it to Napa, be sure and visit us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, can I just steal your list and add a few????? I'm SO with you on the whole travel thing. Ohhhhhh....I want to make a list now!

    ReplyDelete