Friday, December 11, 2009

Vacation!

Tomorrow we will be waking up at an ungodly hour but for a completely worthwhile cause: we're leaving for Utah to visit some very good friends!! We are ready for a break now that Graham has completed his first quarter of grad school (can I get a "Woo-hoo" from anyone??!) and passed his oncology certification exam. He has worked really hard (and so have I, holding down the fort at home) and so we can't wait to go spend some time with good friends. We will be spending 5 days with these two, Glendon and Kaytee, in their lovely home in Ogden, UT.

From what I hear, we'll be seeing a lot of this.

And wearing an awful lot of layers.

Isla will get to experience her first airplane ride and we'll get to see what it's like to take a big trip with a child. :o) I was thrilled to learn that we can check her carseat and stroller for free and I think we'll only have to pay for one suitcase since we're hoping to jam pack it (the other small bag we can just carry on). Phew, it's taken me all week to pack, prepare and decide what to bring. And I'm still not done! I puting off actually packing the stuff in the suitcase, maybe because I'm scared it won't fit and I'd rather deal with it in one flurry of last minute stress-ha!

We'll return home next Wednesday which means (GASP!) that we'll be away from our sweet white teddy bear for photos when Isla turns 16 weeks on Tuesday. Guess I'll have to do a 16 week and 1 day post and we'll all just have to live with it! :o) Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment