Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend in Review

We spent Thanksgiving Day with my Dad's extended family. That side of the family is huge (30 people made it and that's only just over half of the gang) and I have many fond memories of holidays spent with the cousins. Usually it is one big slumber party for the entire weekend but I think we're starting to get too big for that...

As I mentioned before, Isla got to meet her only living great grandparent on my side, my Grandpa Wilson. He has pretty severe Alzheimers and so really didn't know what was going on but it still meant a lot to me for him to meet my daughter.

Isla's Thanksgiving dinner....chug, Chug, CHUG!

On Friday, my ever-thrifty husband found coupns for FREE frappes at McDonalds (kinda like a fast food version of a frappucino) so we bundled up and went for a nice walk in the Bryant neighborhood with our cool beverages. We checked every for sale sign we passed, dreaming of the day we could to afford to live in that neighborhood--when we're rich and famous of course!

Graham's brother Scotty was home from college in California for the weekend so we spent lots of time with the Croziers. He hadn't seen "The Peanut" (as she is endearingly referred to by the Crozier clan) since she was about 1 1/2 weeks old so we were all pretty excited for the two to reunite.

On Friday night, we went downtown Seattle to watch the lighting of the Christmas tree at Westlake. I'd never done this before...it was packed! I always forget that I'm claustrophobic until I'm standing in the middle of a thick crowd and can't get out. Thankfully, we brought the stroller which helped take up a little space and gave us some breathing room.

I didn't really expect her to care about the show, but Isla LOVED the fireworks! She watched the whole thing with a look of awe.

On Saturday, we went ice skating up in Shoreline which was quite fun. I can proudly say that I didn't fall down, not even once! I took it very slow and clung to other people and the wall, but at least I can say I didn't biff it!




The weekend ended on Sunday night when Isla laughed while out to Chinese food. What a wonderful close to a very fun weekend! This year, my #1 thankful is for LAUGHTER! And may there be much more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment