Friday, February 25, 2011

20 days until St Patrick's Day...

...which means it's 20 days until I get to spend three whole days with my honey. I seriously cannot wait! It has been a surprisingly busy quarter for Graham despite the minimal class time (he only has to go to class 3 times!) but this means LOTS of out of class work. The quarter ends March 12th for him (as far as I know...) so I'm hoping he will be able to fully relax and enjoy our time together in a few weeks.

What are we going to do? I know you've been dying to ask! Well, initially the whole ordeal was supposed to be a surprise for me. But Graham and I were both home one afternoon doing respective "work" on our computers. Graham muttered something about needing to "do something upstairs" and disappeared for about 20 minutes. Ding! My computer beeped to let me know I had a new email so of course, I looked at it. I only read as far as the subject line which said:

"Purchased: Unforgettable Night in Friday Harbor."

Oops! I don't think I was supposed to see that. Unfortunately, there seems to be a little glitch in Graham's Living Social account (like Groupon for all of you who are not in-the-know) and any purchase notifications are sent to my email address. I probably could have pretended I didn't see it but by this point I was bursting with excitement and curiosity and so Graham filled me in on at least our first days' activities.
We plan to meet my parents up north to drop Isla off and then head for the ferry early Thursday morning. We get to spend one night in a 3rd-floor, harbor-view room at the Friday Harbor House where we will be welcomed by a bottle of wine (which unfortunately I can't partake in) and homemade truffles! The room has a large soaking tub AND a fireplace so at least we'll be warm if the weather is frightful. The package includes a $50 dining credit toward the Inn's restaurant where we can indulge in dishes like Truffled Chestnut Ravioli with sherry cream sauce and carrot chips or Duck Confit with potato dumplings, winter squash puree, toasted pumpkin seeds and fried sage. Sounds delish to me!

The next night of our little stay-cation remains a secret to me but I think I have a pretty good idea where we are going. I've heard the words prenatal massage dropped a couple of times so I'm pretty pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment