Thursday, February 24, 2011

TIME : My new best friend!

Finally, this past week, we successfully transitioned Isla to one nap a day. I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled I am with this new schedule!!! But I shall try nonetheless.

I literally have not had this much time to myself in 18 months. Oh it is such a breath of fresh air!!!! I have found myself completely lost this week with my new-found 3 to 4 hour stretches of time alone. It's almost like I've forgotten what I used to do with my free time. Almost. Graham is encouraging me NOT to feel guilty about taking a break during naps. He wants me to go back to some of the things that I once loved to do. My mind is racing--I could make pasta from scratch again! I could start a sewing project! I could read books for fun! I could blog! The options are almost endless and I'm pretty excited about it if you couldn't tell already. It used to be that I'd get Isla down, finish cleaning up dishes or whatever chore I was in the middle of, race to take a shower, get dressed and do my hair only to hear Isla waking in the next room. Shoot. So much for "alone" time. But now....

Well actually, so far this week my 3 hour segments have been quite dull. I haven't been feeling the greatest so I've been doing a lot of laying around and munching on bon bons (ok, the latter isn't entirely true but the foods that have been sounding good are complete JUNK). I've read some chapters in my parenting books, snoozed and watched season 7 of Project Runway (one of my latest obsessions and a good part of the reason sewing sounds so appealing).

But soon, I hope I shall be feeling better and will be able to maximize nap time and satisfy the crafty side me! I'm wanting to create something for the kids' room but I can't quite figure out what. The nursery is going to need a makeover in order to have space enough for TWO beds and a dresser (and maybe a rocker?) I never really felt like we finished it with Isla so I'm hoping to make it feel more complete this time around. It could use some shelving, toy storage and something crafty to feminize at least Isla's side since we never did get around to adding pink like we said we would....ideas?

2 comments:

  1. So your kids will share a room? This is really the best option for us as well, however I am so nervous about the sleeping situation. I would love to know your thoughts of how to get a newborn and toddler to sleep simultaneously. I know it is done, I am just at a loss. You can email/fb me if it is easier to respond that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! We're still a bit messed up in the napping world (some days Hailey really needs two naps...others we get away with just one). Our nap schedule is so unpredictable and the few times both girls have been napping at the same time I kind of don't know what to do with myself! We're about to move Charlotte into the room with Hailey at night...Charlotte is usually only waking up once in the night so I hope it will be okay. And I hear you on the room decorating - I never felt like I finished and now...Charlotte isn't represented in there...I need to do a makeover!

    ReplyDelete