Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So thankful (checking off the bucket list...)

I went to bed last night so grateful! Oh how the Lord knows me and knows when I am about to totally lose it! I feel like my previous post needs an addendum as God is really showing himself to me right now. On Sunday (the day after I last posted), the girls took long afternoon naps that overlapped by ~1 1/2 hour. It was incredible and magical and something I could totally get used to! I was able to sit next to Graham during that time while he wrote a paper--there is something about being next to a person when they have been gone a lot--though we both sat with computers in lap, working on our own things, it was wonderful. Then that night, while I was at a MOPS meeting, a sweet friend sent me a text to say I needed a date and could she please watch the girls? I'm totally serious and spoiled.

On Monday, Isla did the unheard of and slept in until 9:30 AM!!!! For a girl who has woken up religiously between 7 and 7:30 for over a year, this was incredible. I put Emma down for her morning nap and once again found myself with an hour of time to myself which I used to finish reading my square foot gardening book. That afternoon, I was able to book appointments to a) get my haircut, b) get the carpet cleaned (something I've been wanting since before Isla was born) and c) set up a time to go to the dentist (not something I'm looking forward to but hey, it needed to be done!) 

Then yesterday, Graham knew I needed a day "off" from the normal routine so sent me to Home Depot with his gift card to buy the soil ingredients I need to get my garden going. After lunch, he shooed me off to Starbucks where I was able to pound out a couple hours of MOPS tasks that had been piling up with my lack of free time. And the barista just so happened to forget to make my drink so gave me TWO coupons for free drinks next time--3 for the price of 1! Oh and you know what Graham did while I was gone? He cleaned the house-a task he has not been able to help out with for quite some time.

Last night we got to go out on our little date and it was totally refreshing and wonderful and so here I sit with a full and thankful heart. Oh and did I mention that my Dad was declared CANCER FREE last week?!!!? More on that later but I just feel so passionate right now that the Lord knows how much we can handle and that He truly sustained me his week and said "I've got this" when I was feeling about ready to totally lose it.  I am so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! :) We're going on a date night tomorrow night and I'm SO excited - I love one on one time. :)

    ReplyDelete