Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's For Dinner?

I love trying new recipes and seeing my dinner menu for the week fills me with more excitement than a kid in a candy store. In fact, I even told Graham last night as we were reminiscing over our almost 5 years of marriage "If we get to be married another 50 years, think of all the recipes we will get to try!!!" I think he was expecting me to say something a little more sentimental but hey, I have many wonderful memories that involve food.

Soooo, what are we eating this week? We tried Cooking Light's Orecchiette with Kale, Bacon and Sun-dried Tomatoes on Monday and it was well liked by all. It was super fast and utilized our current favorite veggie: kale!

Graham convinced me to give Bon Appetit's Ham and Cheese Waffles a whirl later on in the week. I refuse to used the 2 sticks of butter it calls for so will be doing my best to tweak it to make it more "healthy," but I will admit I do love breakfast for dinner! We started subscribing to Bon Appetit magazine about a year or two ago. We both love it but unfortunately it has caused Graham to view the fat content in my Cooking Light magazines to be subpar....
Tonight we are going to try Swedish Meatballs, Ikea style with Lingonberry jam and everything! I think we'll serve them with mashed yukons and roasted asparagus.
Graham made a request for our go-to favorite Bolognese recipe from my Gourmet cookbook. We were on a huge bolognese kick awhile back whenever we went out to Italian but we have since stopped ordering it because we always end up liking this version better.
Oh and lest I forget Graham's Chorizo and Gigante Bean Cassoulet! He made this on Saturday and it was incredible!!! I am normally not drawn to recipes with beans (horrid I know since I'm the fiber queen AND a dietitian...) but this was sooooo good. We used dried large lima beans instead of the gigante beans and hot Italian sausage instead of the chorizo (which, as it turns out, is incredibly hard to find in link form).
I will have leftover white cheddar cheese from our dinner waffles so I plan to try this Sweet Potato Soup with Curried Cheddar Cheese Crisps from Better Homes and Garden. It looks super simple but who doesn't love a creamy soup? Of course, I think I'll use some half and half in place of all that cream!!

Then lastly, we are going to have these Croques Monsieur sandwiches for a quick work night meal (again using less butter than the recipe calls for!)

It's shaping up to be a good week of eats! Hopefully this list inspires any readers in a dinnertime rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment