Saturday, March 3, 2012

Today's Bucket List

If I had all the resources in the world today (time, money, supernatural mothering capabilities), I would do the following:

-Make reservations at The Herb Farm to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary in two weeks. Dream on sister, I know. I keep telling Graham that I'm still hopeful an extra $500 is going to show up in the mail to make this one possible. He seems doubtful. But, to his credit, we played a rendition of The Newlywed Game with some friends a couple weeks ago and one of the questions was: "If you were given an extra $500, how would you spend it?" Guess what he said? He said he'd take me to The Herb Farm for our anniversary!! What a guy!

-Teach my children to nap at the same time. I think it is safe to say I am about to go insane. Free time is not in Graham's vocabulary at present. He's either a) at work b) at a coffee shop writing a paper c) in class or d) sleeping. And the girls have been perfectly alternating their naps for about 2 months now. I thought it was hard with one kid but two? Waaa, waa, waa, I know but seriously, this is HARD.

-Go get my haircut! I honestly can't recall whether I've had my haircut since having Emma. I went back to work last week and after spending 30 minutes trying to do my hair in the morning, I looked in the mirror at work and saw that my post-baby kinky crazy hair had reemerged despite my straightening efforts. GASP! I totally looked like a mother of two!!!

-Go somewhere, anywhere for 4, maybe 5 hours. Like shopping. Or sitting at a coffee shop and reading/blogging.

-Book a trip. Europe would be lovely, but really anywhere would be nice. It's that seeing it written in PEN on the calendar that I'd like-a trip to look forward to.

-Set up weekly dates with Graham. I love that man. And I miss him too. I can do this! 9 more days until the quarter ends!

-Buy new running shoes. I've had mine since pre-Isla. Oops.

-Shop for skinny jeans. This one is mostly to make my hubby happy. The bonus is that I'd get to wear my cool boots just that much more if I had me a pair of these.

-Find some closed-toed black dress shoes. Apparently I threw all mine away? I realized that the day before I went back to work....

-Get Emma to sleep through the night.

-Read my book on Square Food Gardening. And then go out and buy my soil and compost so I'm ready to plant when my seeds arrive!

-Figure out a way to have a few hours to myself each week. (See almost all of the above). :)

These are the things I would do today if I had endless resources. I like lists so writing these things out is helpful to me so I can refer back (ok, let's be honest--so that I can remember what is was I wanted to do--I'm still infected with "baby brain"). I certainly can't do them all but, I CAN do some. So I'm gonna!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Things will get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the hair thing. I just got mine cut - it had been about 9 months. :O And I also totally hear you about needing some time to your lonesome. I'm just starting to feel like naps are becoming more consistent (with both taking them at the same time). It's kind of crazy when you don't get a single break during the day...and it often makes me want to scream. :)

    ReplyDelete