Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweet Moments

Yesterday I got to take Isla on a mommy/daughter date. At first when I told her she got to go on a date with me all by herself, she kept asking if we could bring Emma (so sweet). Then I told her "This time, it's going to be just you and me!" Her face lit up and then the whole rest of the day she kept exclaiming "Just you and me!" It made both of our day, I'm pretty sure. We went to our favorite Kirkland coffee shop, Urban Coffee Lounge, and sat at a sunny window table that was prime for people-watching. Isla kept tabs on everyone in the place and loved watching the kids and dogs play around the fountain outside. She even noticed a pregnant woman and asked "That lady have a baby in her tummy?" She is so observant! We talked for a bit, ate a snack and practiced writing her name. "I is a straight line!" I gave her a penny to throw in the fountain as a special treat. On the way back to the car, we stopped at a construction site we'd been eying from the coffee shop. Isla was completely fascinated by the crane and so we stayed awhile to watch it pick up huge buckets of cement to move and pour to create the foundation.

These are sweet, sweet moments and I want to cherish them as best I can. I hope our little date lifted Isla's spirit as much as it did mine. And I pray that I will continue to learn to slow down and savor the little things with my girls.

2 comments:

  1. i love this. i look forward to when I can do this with Wyatt. i love how you looked at the little things and the details of your sweet moments. Yes, cherish them and blog about them. You are a great mom, Kelsie. I cannot wait to see you and your family! Too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to have this special time!

    ReplyDelete