Sunday, February 9, 2014

An oasis in the desert

I already told you we weren't totally lazy on our trip. I think we achieved my perfect balance of activity, lounging and eating good food. Sigh. So maybe I should take back what I said about there being nothing to do in Palm Springs. There are LOTS of hikes for those outdoorsy types (that we pretend to be). I'm so glad we dedicated one morning to take Jack on his very first hike. It was GORGEOUS! The contrast between the blue sky, red rocks, yellow sand and green palm trees was breath-taking. And it was so quiet. I'm discovering more recently how much nature speaks to me, particularly the quiet. This sounds funny now as I type it but I even took a video of the quiet so I could remember it - I don't have a lot of silence in my life right now!! If you're a lover of nature, eat these up. If not, sorry for a boring picture post! :) 
  
 Look! We found the springs! 
 As you can see, Jack was a fan of hiking.
 
 
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment