Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Half Isla Girl!

Oh my. This sweet girl is 4 1/2! 

We kicked off the day with a candle-laden muffin and a half birthday smoothie on our iconic red plate. I love how a plate that reads "You are special today" can really make a person feel special. I mean, the girl just beamed. MOPS was our morning outing and then the sun came out so we stayed and soaked in vitamin D while Isla ran around the church playground in her summer attire.
In the afternoon, we took a stroll to Dairy Queen for half birthday treats with cousins! I think they were the first dipped cones our kids have ever had. And it showed. I mean, who eats cones with spoons? These three!
Lilly Bean was in HEAVEN! And look how the chocolate matches her eyes!
Guess what the half birthday girl requested next? A trip across the street to McDonalds to play in the tubes. As long as we're hitting up fast food chains...They had a blast and I think they actually may have burned off their sugar rush. 

For dinner, Isla requested "Bunny Salad" (also known as the Chinese Chicken Salad I wrote about here), Shrimp Scampi with Broccoli and homemade bread. Her menu made me grin - love her!

Next came a small gift: coffee filters, glitter glue, washable markers and a Spiral Art toy for more art fun. She loved them (and seemed to forget about her request for a Cinderella doll that her parents weren't too keen on...phew!)
Her mother is a dietitian. Wouldn't you think one treat would be enough? Not today! Isla had already put in her request for white cupcakes with pink frosting and she was NOT about to forget. 
As I put her to bed, I asked if she'd had a fun day. She paused for a second and then said "I wish it could be my half birthday EVERY day!" I laughed and gave myself an internal high five. My "mom guilt" has been on high alert lately but I love how God used this girl to remind me that even the little things can mean so much. Though we had prior commitments for half of the day, in Isla's eyes, it was nearly perfect.

Happy Half Birthday Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment