Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

I am in love with this family shot and am still somewhat in disbelief that we are all looking! And to think it was taken with a timer (no one was behind the camera making crazy sounds to get the kids to smile) and it was only our third try. There is hope people! 
 Graham helped with the music at church all morning so the kids and I enjoyed a quiet (sort of) Easter breakfast at home. Thankfully my mom called me earlier in the week and it just so happened that I was at the grocery store. Something she said reminded me to grab a couple chocolate bunnies - phew (mom saves the day again!) Someday these kids are going to find me out and realize just how much I don't have it together...
 But as Graham reminded me, hey, they got chocolate bunnies, had yummy hard-boiled eggs (credit again goes to my mom who coordinated the dyeing on Saturday when she was here) AND we all made it to church. Dressed!!!!!
 We aren't big Easter basket people over here. Ok, we don't even have baskets (Didn't you see the "Easter Backpacks" in my prior post? The basket Isla was holding was my sister's...) BUT, the one thing I can take credit for is that I did manage to plan ahead enough to order the kids a new Bible as an Easter gift. I haven't figured out the balance for our family just yet but I'd like to keep our traditions centered on Christ's resurrection and the reason will celebrate Easter. We did take time in the afternoon to walk through our set of "Resurrection Eggs" that help tell the Easter story. Isla was so full of questions this year and wanted to read the story of Easter over and over - love it!
And now for the attire...Lumber Jack wore his very first accessories in celebration of the day: shoes and a hat!
 My heart can hardly stand it!
 The kidlets, in all their Easter best. Credit goes to Grandma and Grandpa Crozier for the girls' attire - geez, I guess I really didn't do much this year, did I?! Sometimes it takes a village...
 Grandpa Crozier actually picked out Emma's dress when Isla was little - so sweet!
 
 After church, I let Emma have her chocolate bunny.
 I was only planning to let her have half of it but then I turned around... 
 Oh well! And then disaster struck.
Is it awful that I couldn't help but laugh? 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment