Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Brief Christmas Recap

We had a very fabulous Christmas. My only complaint was that the day passed far too quickly. You would think with the month-long preparations we invest that the day would last a bit longer...

We spent our morning with the Crozier's for Christmas #2 (minus John and Tash who were in Germany). I was honored to receive a complete china set that belonged to Grandma Crozier who passed away just before Graham and I started dating. It is a beautiful pearly white set with gold rims-gorgeous! I had been regretting my decision not to register for china for our wedding and so was thrilled to receive a set anyway, especially this set with so much sentimental value.

The plan was to head back to our plan in the afternoon to host my family for dinner and gifts (they were coming down to spend the night since our flight to Mexico left at 7 AM the next morning). Unfortunately, Graham and I both got stuck in the snow, thankfully within blocks of our place. My car high centered halfway in our driveway, halfway out in the road. I tried to dig it out but didn't get very far. Thankfully, my Dad and brothers arrived shortly thereafter and I handed them the keys, a shovel and wished them a Merry Christmas and sent them out the door. I was SO happy when they were able to move my car and get it parked in a more appropriate location so that we could leave it and head out of town without worrying it would be towed once the snow melted.


We had a lovely Christmas dinner (with homemade spinach pasta!), opened presents and were in bed by 8:30 PM for our early 4 AM wake up call...

No comments:

Post a Comment