Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Confessions of a Dietitian


Wanna know a secret? Even dietitians do not always eat healthfully. Or at least some don't. Okay, so maybe I'm the only one. Normally, I just LOVE whole wheat breads and pastas, fresh fruits and veggies and yogurt and granola. But it is like my tastebuds become two-faced when I am feeling under-the-weather. I was cracking up today thinking about the foods that sound amazing to me when I'm sick:

-thick white toast with lots of melted butter
-toasted white bagels with butter and garlic salt
-plain white pasta with parmesan cheese (from the green can)

Seriously, that's pretty much all I've been wanting to eat. Notice they are all carbs? It is like my tongue and tummy rebel together saying "GIVE ME PROCESSED WHITE FOODS and nothing else!" Oh yeah and my beverage of choice today is White Grape Raspberry Juice with a "shot" of 7-UP (for the record, the juice is 100% juice so I'm practicing at least one thing I preach....)
Hopefully my diet will return to normal shortly (although I must admit I'm LOVING eating a few pieces of white bread here and there--a real luxury for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment