Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Whine


I'm feeling a bit under the weather and it is driving me nuts! I am so not a good sick person. A lot of people would welcome the opportunity to lie on the couch all day and watch tv but not me! I don't mind a little of it here and there but not 3 days worth! I started filly icky on Friday night (sore throat) and it is slowly progressing into sinus congestions, overall aches and headache. Graham says he's been able to tell when I've fallen asleep the last couple nights because I start moaning (probably because I can't breathe and the tickle in my throat sends me into coughing fits). Poor guy! I guess I've been keeping him up...

On another note, I went in to the doctor to have my thyroid and some other labs checked because I lost over 6# between Thanksgiving and New Years without really doing squat. So I thought I should make sure my thyroid hadn't flipped on me and caused the weight loss. Turns out that everything is peachy keen, including my hematocrit. I thought for sure it'd be low because the last time I tried to donate blood (in high school), they wouldn't let me because I was anemic. I guess my diet over the past 8 years fixed that issue...Anyway both Graham and I were really bummed not to receive copies of the labs...we're such medical nerds! I'm sure we'll be asking for copies the next time I go in.

Hope everyone else is staying healthy and NOT catching this icky cold/flu bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment