Tuesday, October 6, 2009

6 Weeks

  • This week, Isla really began to notice (and maybe even enjoy?) her toys. She looks at them during tummy time and even tracks them when they are moved around.
  • She's making lots of eye contact and almost smiling. I can't wait to see a real, live (non-gas) grin!
  • Isla gurgled for the first time this week! It's pretty cute to see her discovering her voice.
  • She's developing cradle cap...uggg...is there any skin issue she won't get???

  • Isla still LOVES to cuddle and doesn't like to be alone. Yesterday, I attempted to lay her on a blanket to "play" and walked away. This lasted about 4 seconds before she began to cry. When I laid down with her and "played" together, and she was instantly fine and cheerful for at least 20 minutes.
  • She is next to impossible to put to bed. She'll fall asleep in your arms and then no matter how hard you try to transition her gently into her bed, you'll lay her down and instantly her eyes will pop open and she will be WIDE awake, not to sleep again. It's pretty much zero to sixty in less than a second. I'm entirely at a loss as to how to get the girl to bed.
  • Speaking of, Isla seems to be very particular about where she sleeps during the day. She REFUSES to sleep in her bed. She usually takes her naps in the stroller, car seat, bouncy seat or in someones arms. We really need to work on this but I'm not sure where/how to start. I know there's the whole "let them cry it out" mentality which we may have to use in the end, but my doctor said babies aren't developmentally ready for that until 4 months. Hmmmmm.

Anyway, in addition to the weekly bear pics, I'm also posting a few photos I took on Sunday (the last one I find hilarious because it's at such an odd angle and her binkie is so huge compared to her face....Graham didn't find it all that funny but hopefully you will!)


1 comment:

  1. My mom came up with this thing with annika where we would swaddle her tight and when she started to wake up after we laid her down, we would put our hand on her chest and gently jiggle her back and forth (left to right). It was a life saver for us. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete