Tuesday, October 27, 2009

9 weeks

Isla was super cranky for today's photo shoot. I find it almost comical how frownie she was, like she was really trying to drive home the point that she wanted to EAT, not have photos taken of her. Oh and the screaming one is what happened when I tried to take her binkie out...bad idea!

  • We started playing peek-a-boo with Isla this week. If you cover her face with her burp cloth and then yell "peek-a-boo" when you pull it away, she smiles and coos. It is adorable! She gets camera shy every time I try to get a video of it but with patience, I'm sure we'll catch it eventually.
  • There were a couple days this week where Isla really found her fingers. Even though she prefers her binkie, at times her fingers can soothe her for a brief moment or two.
  • Speaking of fingers, her fingernails are SHARP and I have yet to figure out how to protect her poor little face which seems suffers a daily mutilation. I try cutting them, filing them, covering them with the mitts at the ends of her sleeves etc and nothing keeps her from clawing around her nose and eyes. Last night, she scratched herself so hard that she bled (see the cut by her eyebrow)! Poor thing!
  • Today marks the halfway point of the 18 week maternity leave I am taking from work. Whether I will go back part time or on call (for vacation coverage) is proving to be the hardest decision I've ever faced. I am completely torn but am trusting that God will make it clear to me by Thanksgiving (I have promised to let them know my plans by then). Pray for clarity!
  • Isla's acne is gone but now her cradle cap has hit with full force! She is getting olive oil "spa" treatments to the scalp 2-3 times a week which really helps.
  • Isla sleeping through the night last week was apparently just a tease. She's back to waking regularly at 3 AM and 6 AM again. Oh well, my two nights of extended sleep were glorious! Oh and I've quit drinking caffeine which is quite depressing. :o( Of course her sleep improved about 5-7 days later (which times perfectly with when the caffeine would have left her system). Coincidence? I think yes! I want my coffee back! :o)
  • Isla had her final shower this past Thursday. Graham's coworkers threw us a wonderful gathering at Overlake. It was great to meet many of the staff he talks about and of course they all loved Isla and thought she looked just like her Dad. Isla received tons of diapers, some CUTE outfits, her first Christmas ornament, a large soft blanket, plates and spoons and the baby food cookbook that goes along with my Babycook baby food maker! And, if all that weren't enough, they gave us $$$ to use towards the jogger I've been eyeing: the BOB. I'm hopeful I will be able to find it on craigslist or at a consignment store because it's not cheap!
  • Isla is still a real cuddler. She loves being held (particularly during dinner). As challenging as that can be at times, I must admit that I like it. She gives me a great reason to just sit down, rest and snuggle.
  • Last week, my coworker gave me a whole car load of her daughter's clothes, toys and misc baby items-such a blessing. I cannot believe how many stylish shoes and outfits she passed on, all the way up to 2T!! Earlier this week, my mom came down to help me sort and organize all the clothes by size. All the clothes up to size 3-6 months are either hanging in Isla's closet or in her dresser. All the rest are waiting here:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I love that full length pic of Isla on the floor - so cute!

    ReplyDelete