Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 weeks

  • Isla has had a big week! On Friday night, she only woke up once (at 4 AM) the whole night! Last night, she finally went down at around 11:30 PM but didn't wake up until 6:40 AM!!!! Does that count as sleeping through the night?? Whatever the case, I'm thrilled! It's funny though. On the days we try so hard to do everything "right" so she'll sleep well, it never works. And then on the days when we aren't even thinking about it--wah-lah--she goes and does this. Go figure!
  • I had the flu this week which was HORRIBLE. I don't ever want to do that again (but I know I will have to....) It is SO hard to feel icky, try to take care of your baby while not cuddling her too much to keep her from getting your germs. I'm must say that I'm so thankful she managed to scrape by without getting the bug!
  • Isla is "talking" a lot to herself now. She makes the most adorable noises while she kicks her legs and waves her arms. My favorite is her "Woooo" (sounds like an owl).
  • She is much more content to lay on her blanket and look at her toys for longer periods of time now (maybe 15 minutes as opposed to 2?).
  • On a depressing note, our entire (full) video camera memory card was accidentally deleted this weekend. Meaning we lost all videos of Isla since she was about a week old. Many tears have been shed. Repeatedly. I'm supposed to be thinking of a special treat that I want to "make up" for this blunder. Any ideas? I suggested a trip to Europe. :o)
  • This is probably TMI for a lot of you readers, but I suppose it's noteworthy in the arena of baby milestones. Isla seems to recognize the boob and knows what's coming when she sees it. Now if only I could get her to look that excited when she sees my face.....
  • Isla SMILED her first real smile on Saturday!!! Graham and I both just happened to be looking at her so we both were witnesses!
  • Isla attended her first wedding this weekend where she got to dance with Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Brant danced with Maddie when she was 2 months at Kevin's wedding, too! It was SUPER sweet. :) I'm so sorry to hear about your video camera. :( No fun! I think a trip to New Jersey is just the ticket to making up for the blunder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say that a 6 hour stretch is sleeping through the night (for an infant) - so she did it!! Yay Isla!!

    ReplyDelete