Tuesday, February 2, 2010

23 Weeks

Time flies when you're having fun!

As I illustrated in a previous post, our big milestone this week was Isla rolling over TWICE. Hopefully Graham will get to see her do it soon as she has only done it for me so far.

Isla attended her first funeral and burial this week. She was quite the hit and helped keep everyone smiling. She slept right through the three volleys of shots fired in honor of my grandpa (!!!!!)
I discovered this week that Isla LOVES it when I lay her in her cradle and swing her hard. She grabs onto a railing on each side and squeals as she rocks.

Isla will no longer sleep when we're out and about. She used to sleep really well in the car and carseat but now she seems to fight to stay awake while driving. We've made multiple trips to and from Bellingham in the past week and a half and I don't think she slept AT ALL while we drove.

Look! She can make faces like Grandpa!
Isla has learned a new cry. A really, really high pitched whiney cry. I told Graham that I'm pretty sure this is a brief taste of what is to come....The cry is so whiney-sounding that sometimes I find myself almost telling her to ask me in a "nice voice." Guess it's a little early for that.
I've been trying to piece together Isla's personality and who she might have gotten each trait from. So far I think she is a morning person (me). She seems pretty laid back and mellow (Graham) but there are also times when only her way will do (me). She loves to be held/cuddled (Graham). She's "talkative" at times (I'll let you guess which one of us that came from). She doesn't want to miss anything social and refuses to sleep if it means she will miss a party (Graham). I'm hoping for a nice, balanced merge of the two of us....we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment