Tuesday, April 20, 2010

34 Weeks

I can't get over how cute this kid is (I think I'm allowed to say that as a mother)! It's so weird. You always wonder and imagine what your kids will look like but there is no way to know. I never expected to have a brilliantly blue eyed child. I feel pretty lucky that I do! Even the man at the gas station changing our oil couldn't get over how gorgeous her eyes are. He even called another lady out to see. "Stephanie! You gotta come over here and check out these eyes!" We also get comments about how perfectly round her head is. And everyone loves her cheeks. When I'm grocery shopping, it's kind of fun to watch all the people we pass casually try and peak and see the baby in the carseat without my noticing. But I totally see it. And then usually they can't be "subtle" any longer and have to come over and talk to her, ask what her name is etc. Stuff like makes me proud. I'm sure that people do that with every baby but still....keep it coming people! I love it. :o)

Anyway, on to the details of the week. Isla is our little bird. She eats like a baby bird (mouth open wide in anticipation) and she also has become our little song bird. I don't remember the last time I woke to an alarm. Now the first sound I hear in the morning is her singing as she lays in her crib. It actually is kind of pretty so here's to hoping it stays that way and we have a singer like her father!

Isla started shaking her head this week. I don't really think it means "no." I think she just thinks it's fun to watch the world in a blur and her head goes back and forth. She loves it when you shake your head back at her.

I'm not sure Isla is so keen on these weekly photo shoots anymore. She's too busy for them. I'm not sure how long I will keep them up. I LOVE having all the documentation since I haven't started a baby book so this is a good record keeper. I'll probably find some nice even number and move from weekly to monthly pics. But now that I've made it so far, I feel like I should at least continue out to a year....We'll see.
We introduced Isla to roasted red bell pepper and roasted cauliflower this week. She loved the bell pepper. She didn't seem incredibly thrilled by the cauliflower (she was making funny, complaining-type sounds) but she continued opening her mouth every time I put the spoon in front of her. (Part of me thinks she has no will power NOT to open her mouth when there is food in front of her....ahh, yes, the downside of being a foodie).

Isla is a little stomper. She lies in her crib and stomps her feet, so much so that sometimes the ceiling in the kitchen (below her room) shakes. Sometimes she does it because she's bored, other times, it is out of defiance over naptime (but most often the former).

Another nickname that someone (I think Graham?) came up with for Isla is Boo Bear. Not sure how that one came about but it stuck!

Isla LOVES technology--computers, cell phones, remotes, Graham's I-Touch--she's always trying to get her hands/mouth on them!

Just today, Isla figured out how to give kisses. She pretty much frenches your entire cheek but she has the idea! She also figured out how to roll her lips as she spits and blows outward. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it on video because it's pretty cute.

Lastly, Isla is becoming more mobile. She's not crawling yet but she somehow manages to scoot (mostly backwards) and spin, ending as far as 3 feet from where I initially set her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment