Friday, January 7, 2011

Solomon's Porch Reunion

We have really awesome friends. Over Christmas break, we were able to gather with a very special group of former SPUers (and their dates/spouses + 2 kiddos!) for a reunion. It had been over 5 years since everyone was together but it felt like no time had passed. I think that's when you know you have really good friends.

During our senior year, Graham was in a theme house called Solomon's Porch with these guys pictured below and a couple others not pictured (Barney and Jason).
 These guys made it their ministry to mentor younger men on the SPU campus. Although I'm sure they really ministered to a lot of lower class men, I think they also really ministered to each other. I am so thankful for these guys because I they played a huge role in shaping Graham into the man of God he is today. We were newly-dating when Graham lived with these guys and they'd waited a long time for me to give Graham a chance (particularly Brant, wearing brown above, and his wife Jackie, who'd been trying to hook us up from the get go). When I did, it seriously felt like we had a whole team rooting for us and it was awesome.
Kaytee, our host Tim, and Glendon 

 Long distance girlfriends, Maddie and Isla finally get to spend some time together in person!
Barney brought his girlfriend, Nikki, to meet the gang. She fit right in! I'm not sure what could possibly be more adorable than their tag-team bedtime story reading. 
 We got to spend an extra night with Glendon and Kaytee at Kaytee's parents' in Salem. Why do you guys have to live so far away!?
 We spent the evening eating, catching up, playing games and reminiscing. My only complaint was that time passed far too quickly. We ended the evening in prayer which warmed my heart and made me miss these God-fearing people all the more. Let's do this again soon and hopefully there will be some more babies in the group next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment