Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wilson Christmas 2010

Looking back, I'm quite thankful that my parents' church was offering free professional family portraits at their Christmas Eve services. I only now realized this was the only shot we got of the three of us throughout all our Christmas celebrations! We were also able to get a nice group shot (minus the Hertzogs who didn't join us until Christmas day). 
If you read my earlier post on Christmas traditions, you may recall how we typically celebrate on Christmas Eve. After a attending a completely packed 3 PM service at my parent's church, we drove around the city to peruse the lights. I didn't know if Isla would be able to see the lights from her carseat but was happy to learn that she rode just high enough and seemed quite captivated by the lights at the James Street Estates. 

I neglected to mention our all-time-favorite centerpiece in my recollections post. This gold angel candle set up has been a part of our table for as long as I can remember. The hotter the candles burn, the fast the angels spin, dinging the bells as they make each lap.
Christmas Eve dinner was quite delicious: flank steak with rice, rolls, vegetables, and sparkling beverages or wine. Isla made it about 10 minutes into dinner before we retired her to bed (you can see her yawning in the picture below). Too much excitement for one day I guess. I love the photo below, not for any artistic beauty, but because it reminds me of that famous picture of the stiff farmer and his wife, pitchfork in hand. Can you see it? I think the candles add such a nice pitchfork effect.

Next we gathered around the Christmas tree for the reading of the Christmas story while munching on sweet treats.
Christmas Day was packed with activity, eating and puzzle-doing. It was great to have the whole family together.
I love that babies can sleep even when surrounded by total chaos!
It was a very generous Christmas in the Wilson household and we all left completely spoiled, well-fed and feeling quite loved. I love this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment