Thursday, January 13, 2011

Staying at Home

 I just love staying at home! I feel like I don't say that enough. I am so thankful I was able to cut back as much as I have now only working 1-2 days a week. I love my quiet mornings. I love the rare occasions when I get to sleep in until 9 AM. I adore the greeting I receive from this sweet face when she finally wakes and calls out for me.
 I love teaching her new things and watching her take everything in. I love that I have the time to cook exciting foods for her to expand her little palate. I thought it felt good when adults liked my cooking, but having an almost-17-month-old ask for seconds or thirds is far better.
 I love taking her for long walks. I love making her giggle uncontrollably. I love how she follows me around the how because she just wants to be near me. I love snuggling her in her fuzzy fleece jammies.
I just love this being a mom thing!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I never knew I would love being a mom as much as I do! Those pictures of Isla are quite adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious. I miss her!

    ReplyDelete