Thursday, April 19, 2012

Smiles

Ok so not many people can say that they love going to the dentist but Isla can! I never expected taking my daughter to the dentist would be an activity that made my heart swell with pride. But it did. You would have thought I'd taken her to the toy store she was so excited. Yesterday was her very first visit and I just have to document a few highlights because they made me smile:
  • Before we even got to the dentist I asked Isla what she wanted to do afterwards (for a special treat). Her excited response? "Go to the dentist again!!!!"
  • She loved sitting in the big girl chair that went "higher and higher" and she couldn't get enough of all the cool equipment.
  • The hygienist spent lots of time showing her all the tools, the light, sunglasses, the bib with her name on it and then brushed and flossed her teeth. Once she was done, we were waiting for the dentist to come do the exam when the ever-interested Isla eagerly asked "What are we going to do next!?" Because she had run out of things to show Isla, the hygienist suggested she give her a hug (which she did).
  • Isla totally didn't even care about the personal TV above her and looked at the crying girl in the chair next to us like "What's up with that girl? Why is she crying?" 
  • She picked a purple toothbrush for herself and the dentist let her pick out a pink one for her little sister.
  • Isla got a token to use in the toy machine at the end of the visit and brought home a little teal dinosaur (which she proceeded to take to the park to ride on the swings with her).
  • For the last 24 hours, all Isla has wanted to do is floss.
My girl is tough stuff but she also has a tender soul. I love how the little things excite her and I hope that never changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment