Thursday, April 26, 2012

The positives

So many things about this week have been hard but there have been so many things to celebrate as well. I'm choosing to focus on the positives! Isla woke up with a completely dry diaper on Tuesday morning so I threw her on "the pot" (as her father has taught her to refer to it) and she peed immediately. We had another success later that afternoon and then today Graham reported she took her first major dump on the potty (it's the little things people!) That night, Emma AND I BOTH slept solidly through THE ENTIRE night! I think it's the first time in 8 months that I have not been awoken before 6 AM and it was thrilling. Last evening, Graham and I enjoyed a nice dinner at home together (never mind the screaming baby upstairs and the 7:30 PM leaf blower serenade out front). Dinner was followed by reading a book on the couch (me) and a Coldstone run (Graham). And I didn't even have to tell him what I wanted. He knows me just that well--love him! We watched The Descendants and it felt like a weekend. Today I wandered through the garden and was excited to see that my yard is flourishing! The beauty about digging up and moving around a bunch of plants when you are 8 1/2 month pregnant and still under the influence of "baby brain" is that you have no recollection of these changes. It's like a phantom gardener came and re-landscaped the place with new things popping up everywhere--it's great!! And though it has taken ~5 1/2 years, I think I've finally found some plants that are compatible with my dirt and it actually looks kind of good. God is teaching me about His faithfulness this week and I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment